Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Life...is a Highway.



I met with The Mayor...and Engineer... this morn.
Then...went on...to our Beloved Vet's Office... about 30 miles away....
to get Meds... for Polly. : )
I captured this video... of part of the trek.
After watching it... I realized....
Life... is Truly a Highway.
The Wind...was Howling... from the West.
When I turned North....
I also...realized... I was going to have to lock the Old Gypsy... into 4wd.
The snow...was drifting over the road....with the Heavy Winds....
It was Slick.
I pulled over... on a gravel road...and could barely get my door open.
The Wind... was Pushing so Hard.
I listened...to The Mayor...and Engineer....this morn... : )
Dear Friend, Stephanie Walsh Brandenburg... came with me...
took notes....
and Supported me.
{Angel.}
I...listened....said...little...
but, stressed.... I won't back down.
Been down...this 'Road'... before.
Told them... If... you have never been...through 'Condemnation'...
'Eminent Domain'.....
I wouldn't wish it...on them... but,
They... could Never... Understand.... 
how it Rips...Your Heart...from Your Chest....
unless...
You've Endured.
{20 years ago...we went through it, and...after...I had to start coloring my hair.}
It's Ugly.
Told them... John's Life.... was probably... shortened...from Working So Hard....
to Carry the Load....
of His Dream.
<3
mine...too.
This Land... to Us....
is Priceless.
Priceless.
{They Couldn't Offer Us... Enough 'Money'.
 Period. }
They were both... very cordial.
The Mayor said... the City... would Never... 'Condemn'...
: )
We'll see... what comes.
: )
{Sadly... I've heard that... before... too. : ) }
I'll do my best...too. : )
to help...
 {the developers : ( : ( : ( Not!!!}
'Community'... 'Neighbors'...
yes. <3
down the road.
: ) 
as John would....and did... know...I would.
: )
but...
I'll Dig My Heels In....
Deep....
before our Land... 
is 
Taken
From
Us.
We've Sweat Too Much Blood.....
to have it 
Taken...
from us...
in the Blink of an Eye....
and...
Stroke...
of a Pen.
again.
Yes... as The Gypsy... and Me...
carefully...
negotiated...
Slippery...
Slopes...
today...
: )
I had to smile...
: )
Had a guy... on our Tail....
trying to Push us... 
to go faster.
: )
oh my.
I learned to drive...
when I was 7 years old.
Dad propped me up.... on some old catalogs....
behind the wheel....
my feet...
could barely touch the floor.
I pulled Dad... and his Old Trucks...
out of Many... Mud Holes... on old... Cow Paths.... : )
Draggin' Junk Iron.... out of The Depths.
I learned... 
when to 'Give'er Hell'
and...
when...
to 'Take'er Easy'...
when I was very young. : )
Today...
was a
'Take'er Easy'....
Day.
: )
The Guy... ridin' mine...and Old Gypsy's Tail....
on 218...
Got a Goose...
: )
{tho... you can't really see it... }
at the end... of the above, video.
I would bet... he peed his pants.... just a little. 
: )
oh my.
One Day... at a Time.
One Mile... at a Time.
Keep Us....
in Your Prayers.
Love... to ya.
Barb C.
I'm posting our 'ride' today... above.
It won't 'play' as an image.
who knew. ?
{Early this morning... I heard on the News... there had been a Bad... accident...
just a few miles, from where The Old Gypsy and me.... where at...yesterday.
I thought.... as the guy was breathing up... Gypsy's Tailpipe ...
   'If I should have to tap the brakes....for Any Reason... that guy... would go for a ide... and...maybe... into oncoming traffic.'
We all get in a hurry. I know I do.... but.... not on roads..... when they are like The Above Video.
They can be good... for a stretch... then... a Mess... all of a sudden. : (
Kinda like... 'Life'. : ) }











No comments: