Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Junk Jubilee Jingles!!!

Oh My! 
Liz , Miss. Scarlett and me... pulled in to Des Moines... early Wednesday afternoon.
It was a Trick... getting on the road... oh my.
Seemed it was one thing...after another... just getting the Luggage... in the Truck,
and doing 'last minute' things.
A Storm was Brewing.... Big Storm.
but... we got right in... at the Fairgrounds... and had our Trucks unloaded... in about 4 hours.
Then The Storm Hit.
A Tornado was sighted... South of us... and we were directed to the Storm Shelter.
Thankfully... it all blew past us. : ) 
Liz was such a Help... at this show. 
Oh My.
We were loaded Heavy... Mark and I both were, to the point... we didn't share a booth.
We each had More than enough to fill our own. 
It worked out Great! 
The above image... is what our booth looks like... after unloading.
We had to get walls up... around... this Mountain. 
{rugs down... Lights...run...}
oh dear.
Yes... Liz... was Great Help!!! 



Liz found this Dolly... for Miss. Scarlett, during set up.
She had to buy it for her. It looks just like one, I had given Liz for Christmas, when she was Miss. Scarlett's age. : )
Scarlett fell fast asleep... with her Baby.... during set up. : )
Priceless....

The Booth turned out Great!
{This was before... Straw was Strewn... : ) }





Jerome and Dawn's... 'Dug Finds'.... were a HIT!!! 
I shared them, with everyone. : )

The Booth was most...always... Busy!
{for all of the Vendors! }
It was Great Seeing Everyone!

Even...Santa came to Visit!

This Little Gal... was sooooo Cool....
I had to get a picture of her!
She Loved... the French Pieces!
She asked me if I knew who Willie Nelson is. : )
{seriously? I live on this Planet!}
He signed  his autograph...on her 'chest'...
She had it Tattooed...
: )
Sweeeet! What a Woman!!!
: )
We did lots of lighting... {Thanks, to Liz. : ) }
The Booth, many said... was 'Magical'. 
it was. : ) 
{They had to duck... under Greenery... : ) when they entered....
 Just... like the rabbit hole....
It was very... 'Cozy'... : ) }
There were LONG Lines... to get into the Show... Every Day!!!
They stretched... for Blocks!!! oh my. : ) 
Mark said he had a GREAT Show... too!!!

Friday night...  a Group of us... went to Don's West End Salvage.
He and his Crew Hosted a Party...
oh dear.
: )
It was Quite a Bash!!!
Great Folks!!!
Friday, before we left for Down Town....
a Group of us... sat in the 'Rabbit Hole... in Des Moines'.
: )
Visiting...
It was Great.
Love The Re Deux Boys.... and {Girls}... 
This is Miccia Humphrey, Promoter, of Junk Jubilee.....
and her Awesome Sis, Shelly. <3 <3 <3
They are The Best!!!

Yes... it was a Great Time. : )
Can't miss... Dale, from Re Deux!!!
Just look for The Hat!!! : ) 
Shelly... and Yours Truly...
oh dear...
what a Night. 
This is Liz... after we got the Trucks Loaded.
She couldn't find her phone.
oh dear.
I called it.
It was Waaaaaaay up.... in the Front of the Packed Fuso.
She had to Climb a Mountain... then... Dig!!!
She retrieved it.
oh my.
oh....my. 
: ) : ) : )

Junk Jubilee... was Great!!!
{for Everyone!!! }
Miccia and her Crew... 
Make It Happen!!!
The Vendors... 
are Over the Top!!!
Everyone... works so Hard. 
The Customers...are Fun!!! and Full of Energy!!!
Love It!
Thanks, so Much... to Everyone.... for making this Event...
Great!
Love, to ya....
Barb C.



{My neck... is some better. I stayed in bed all day, yesterday.
I broke down... and took a muscle relaxer/ pain killer.
I can turn my head, a bit...today.
Maybe... it's just a knotted muscle. 
It hurt so bad on Sunday... I was sick to my stomach. 
Thank God... for the Kids... helping load.
oh my. 
I had a melt down... over the weekend. 
I Barked... at a couple of Dear Folks... and... later, I thought... 
"That... sounded like my Mother."
I didn't like it.
: (
I apologized to the Folks. 
I Love them...Dearly... and would never have done that...
had I not been... Far Gone.
I am wound so tight. 
so...very... very...tight.
When a Spring lets go.... 
well... The Mad Hatter... 
isn't pretty.
I don't ever remember... feeling as vulnerable... as I did...just prior to the melt down.
I don't ever... remembering feeling so lost, abandoned... and out of control.
For someone... like me, feeling 'helpless'... is quite an Ugly...Thing.
inside...
and 
out.
I Snapped.
Maybe, that's why... I've kept to myself...so much, this last year and a half.
I can turn myself 'on'... for Business....
but...
when the lights go out...
the feet go up....
and...
after a little, or a Lot... of Fireball....Patron... and other 'refreshing beverages'....
{Once I got started...that evening... I didn't quit.
It was all so Much Fun... : )
until... it wasn't. }
I think...it's best...if I keep to myself....
'after hours'.
: ) 
I think... like 'The Hatter'... I am... a bit 'mad'.
Like a 'mood ring'... I wear my emotions... on my sleeve.
The Hatter, was 'Mad'... from his exposure to Mercury...
me...
'Life'.
I'd like to blame my insanity on Patron. : )
no.
Mine... comes from 'Life'. Lots... of Life. : )
I wouldn't change... a moment...of it. 
{well... I'd change a Lot of Moments... of 'Loss'... 
All of Those.
The Struggles... 
no. }
but... like an Old Clock... that's been wound... pretty tight...
: )
When the 'Click' breaks....
run.
I am Blessed... to have Angels... in my life.
The one's with Perfect Wings.
Or have a few... with 'singed' ones... 
: )
like mine, and Peg's... {and a few others... <3 }
that between us all.... our wings... will keep us off the ground. ; ) 
May God... Bless Us. <3 }



No comments: