Saturday, September 26, 2015

Some broken 'things'...are...simply... destined... to always... be 'broken'. That's just... the way it is.

In July... my Friend, Pam... brought me these Platters... they date... from the 1870's.
Our Friend, Gina... had sent them with her... to give to me.
They were both broken... but, Gina had carefully gathered the 3 pieces.... that they needed to become 'whole' again.
Both, she...and Pam... 
{along with anyone...everyone...who 'knows' me.}
knew... I treasure...Old... 'broken things'... : )
{Chipped.... Frayed... Rusty...Mended...Crazed...Fractured.... and... Broken.
: )
It's All... about The Journey. <3 }
The Old Platters... sat... all Summer... waiting for me to repair them.... under the old concrete table....
by the Fountain.
As I was taking a break...there, yesterday.... I noticed them... 'again'.
: ) 
Grabbed the glass cleaner... gave 'em a Good Bath....
 then...
grabbed my purse/tool box....
pulled out the LocTite Super Glue....
and repaired them. : ) : ) : ) 
I didn't take them inside.... got busy.
Then... this afternoon... as I was carrying a Big Basket....Full of Stuff...
for a Customer...
I nudged them....
they fell....
and broke... into a Dozen... pieces.
oh my.
I just stood there...
looking at them... exactly where...they had waited...all Summer...
in a few pieces....
now....
they were a Mess.
I grabbed my purse/tool box.....
and as Folks... shopped around...
I 'Glued'... : )
There is one piece... I never did find.
{I... understand... that... too. : ( 
With every 'Break'.... there are 'parts' and 'pieces' of you...
that are....
Forever...
Lost. }
but... I did the best I could... with what I had.
: )
Some things... in Life... I think... are destined...to be 'Broken'.
and... That's... just the way... it is.
: )
Love...to ya.
Barb C.
I so... understand... these 'Broken' things. : )
always... have.
I wish... Hearts... could be mended.... as easily.
: ) 

When I repaired these old Platters... the first time...
 {top image }
I knew, no one...would ever want them.
Be able... to overlook... their 'Imperfections'....
 : (
but....
I could see... how Beautiful... they are.
 : )
and... how Useful they can Still... be.
 : )
They could hold... jewelry... or... buttons...
or...
serve.... Cookies...or.... Chocolates.
 : )
Even...after being so Very... Broken....
again....
 and... once again....
 'repaired'...
they can... still.... do all of the above.
 : )
<3 <3 <3
{I'm gonna have to put a little Moss... in the hole... where the chip... has escaped.
buttons.... could slip right... through! }

1 comment:

sue in mexico mo said...

I used to use old broken (beyond repair), plates and platters as flower bed edgings. I just stuck them in the ground and enjoyed.