Saturday, July 25, 2015

More.... Shenanigans.... : )

I kept working on the Old Grandfather Clock... today.
{had the shop Open...too. }
{The rabbit hole... is a Disaster... but....
I figured... the mess... will be there... tomorrow. : ) }
I am Obsessed with getting the Old Clock... Running.
Perfectly.
{I KNOW it will....}
 Those Weight Driven Clocks... that were made in the early 1800's...to mid... 
are Work Horses....
They Don't Quit.
{kind of like the 7.3 Diesel... Ford had.... from '99 to '03 }
Even after my Clock Man... quit....
I couldn't give up.
I...Know... these amazing... movements.
so.....
I messed around.... with it... 
{shenanigans.... : ) }
until... the Old Clock's Heart...started Beating..... 
that was my Gift... for the day... : )
Along... with all of the Folks... who popped in....
and...
didn't mind the messes... or... the heat. 
{it's pretty Toasty... down the rabbit hole... these days. }
The Old Clock... is still going to need some tweakin'.....
but...
like I Always Knew.... : )
He's gonna make it. : )
It was such a Gift... to hear his Heart.. Beat.
I'm going to be open... 12 'til 4... tomorrow.
Hope to see ya.... : )
Barb C.
{The Old... Clock... doesn't belong to me. It belongs to a Friend.... who bought it Many years ago.... from the Estate... of the Secretary of War... who served under Herbert Hoover... briefly.
{He lived in Cedar Rapids }
yes... this.... Old... Clock... has had quite a Journey.
I... understand that. : ) I...Admire... That. <3 : )
I have had offers.... on the Old Clock....
a few hundred dollars.
oh...my.
oh...my.
: )
Have you Any....Idea.... how Painful... it is... to hear that. : )
It's not.... going to happen.
This Old Clock... deserves... Better.
I am pricing it at 1200.00 {a Steal....}
{If it never Runs.}
If... I were a Wealthy Woman.... {monetarily}
This Clock.... would be in our Home. }
The Fact is....
If I saw This Clock... at a Show... for 12,000 dollars....
it wouldn't surprise me. }




No comments: