Monday, March 9, 2015

Moving...a Mountain.... of a Cupboard.

The Big....Old... Cupboard....
shown here.... in Nashville....
at Simply Iowa's...
Heart of Country Booth...
doesn't look...too intimidating.
It stands there....
so Innocently....
Sweet as Pie.
: )
Let me tell ya...
this Bad Boy....
makes Stout Men...
 'squeak' 
: )
It's over 7 feet tall....
the base.....
is 36 inches deep.
{It's really.... Two Cupboards... in One.}
Built....
with...
Mid 1800's...
Full Dimension...Lumber...
in Pine.
{I have heard folks comment....over the years.... 
'Pine is Light...'
: )
Not All Pine.
 : )
Trust me... I have Moved... 
Pushed... Shoved...Pulled... Dragged...Loaded....
 some Monster...
 Heavy...
Pine Pieces. }
Thankfully... this Old Boy... is two pieces...
Getting them apart... is a trick... as the base and top... are hand dovetailed together.
You don't want to injure any of the Tongues....
oh my....
{Fragile!...{Heavy!} Fragile!}
We had to remove... part of the back Greenhouse.... to get it out the door.
This Wonderful... Old...Workhorse... held... Mountains.... of inventory.
oh...my.
The Rabbit Hole.... is in Total... Chaos.
{You can't pull... a piece...an 'Anchor' piece....from the shop... without creating.... a Big....Ugly....Mess.}
oh my.
The Boys... came to help....
and Liz...
Then Mark... 
{he and I... took the Greenhouse apart. 
John, was so.....Good... at that.... : )
I was concerned... we wouldn't be able to get it back together again...
That... was also...a Process. 
but... we got 'er done. : ) }
We delivered The Old... Beauty... to it's AWESOME.... New Home....
safe... and sound.
: ) 
I...wish... I wouldn't have been so occupied... during the 'Move'...
{Protecting.... the Giant. }
This... truly... should have been caught on camera.
: ) : ) : ) 
{oh... dear... : ) }
Folks... simply wouldn't Believe... how this all....
'Happens'.
{Especially... when you have to dig through Ice... to get the Greenhouse...apart.
then....
Wade through... Snow... 
Repeatedly...Slip... on Ice.... 
while carrying the Massive...Monster....
{It's Fragile! Fragile!}
{I have been known... to let a cupboard come down... on me.... 
before I'd let 'it'... hit the ground... hard.
Many... many...times....over the years.}
I walked into the rabbit hole... tonight.... after Mark and I... got the Greenhouse...
back together.
oh my.
: )
it's so far gone....
Piles... everywhere.
I'm thinkin'....
I... may... have to tare it all down.... and completely.... rebuild.......
Everything.
I...will get images... of 'That'... Journey.
It...reminded me...
of a quote, I'd read recently....
from 'Alice in Wonderland'.
: )
"There is a Place....
Like no place... on Earth....
: )
A...Land... full of Wonder... Mystery... and Danger.
{ oh  yeah...and Then... some. : )}
Some... say... to 'Survive' it....
you must be...
Mad...as a Hatter.
: )
Which... Luckily...
I.... am."
; )
I.... honestly.... don't know, too many Folk....
that could take on... this Mountain....
without... being a tad... bit...
Intimidated.
: )
Overwhelmed.
: )
That's where.... I find the Blessing.... in being.... just a bit...
'round the bend'.
: )
A.... 'normal' person....
would simply....
lose their mind...
and...
Run.
Fast.
: )
Thankfully...
I'm... not... 'that'.
 : )
{normal}
in fact...
dare.... I say it....
: )
I'm a little....
Inspired....
 by the Total... 
Chaos.
 : )
oh...
dear.
Love... to ya,
Barb C.


{I had to post..."It's Me..... Again Margaret...."...
for someone.... who...made me...'laugh'.... today.
: )
kind of...
'stunned'
me.
: )
yeah.
Love Ray Stevens.... and his... insane... music.
today... it... fit.... perfectly.
sometimes...
'Life'.... simply....
is too much....
for most....
to understand.
: )
{you....simply.... have to 'be'... here. : )
Livin' the Dream... : ) }
oh... yeah. : )
to completely....
understand...
what 'transpires'....
down....
the....
rabbit...
hole.
{oh...... dear. }
: )
{seriously... you have No... Idea....
what I have to....
contend with. : )
but...then...
I wouldn't have it.....
any other way.
: )
oh..... my.
: )
{They all... Crack... Me....Up. : ) }
John.... would be... and I'm sure has....
Fallen off his... Chair....as well... a time or two...
watching... 'life'....
transpire...around us.
: )
The Mississippi.... Squirrel Revival....
well.....
it seems 'fittin'.... for today.... : )
yeah.....
Perfect.
yep......
Yeah......
this Day...
truly....
should have been....
on Camera.
'Words'...
cannot....
express...
'The Journey'.
: )
{The Only...Thing.....
that could have made this... day...
More Insane....
would have been seeing...
The Mad... March Hare's....
'expressions'....
Throughout.
{Hahahahaha.}
Like the day.... the Monkey.... was sitting on my head....
chewing on my hair.
Peg....
Lost It....
She... Laughed... at the Monkey.
The Monkey....
didn't like it.
: ( : ( : (
She Turned... on Peg....
{hahahahaha....}
{the owner said... to Peg....
"oh.... don't laugh at her.... she doesn't like that"....
{hahahahahaha}
If....
you....
could have seen....
Peg's Face.....
oh my.
well.....
yeah....
: )
oh...
my.
: ) }
This has been...'That Day'....
over...and...over...
and...
over...
again.
As Insane... as it is...
I Laugh... now...
but...
at the Time.
yeah. : )
I kept a
'Straight'....
face.
{have you Any....Idea... how... Difficult... That Was?}
oh my.
: )









2 comments:

cindy said...

Thanks Barb--my day just became very normal and boring...and here I thought I had reason to feel tired out! You are a riot!

Simply Iowa said...

: )
Never a dull moment.... down the rabbit hole. {oh..... my. : ) }
Love ya...Cindy... Give Tom a Squeeze... for me. <3