Sunday, March 22, 2015

Beauty... is in the Eye... of the Beholder.

I ran across this image, today.
It made me smile.....
I took this.... several years ago.... in the dining room.
It was a Beautiful... Sunny.... Day. : )
It's not the Roses.... that gave me a bit of cheer...this morning.....
tho... they are... Lovely. 
: )
It's the container.
The little old... paint pail....
I've picked these little pails up... over the years.
I'll never forget, the first...one.
I was digging in an Old Barn.... with the owners....
A...Lovely.... Elderly... couple.
: )
They had called me... to come see... if they might have some things... I would buy, for resale.
It was such... a Beautiful day.... 
They had a Lovely Family Farm.... nestled way...back... in the Country.
The first thing... I picked up...was a little...old... gnarly....
paint pail.
: )
I asked the Farmer... how much he'd like... for it.
He looked at me... like I'd Lost My Mind.....
: )
He said.... "Young Lady... do you mean... to tell me, you can Sell things like That??? 
If you can find Any Good... in it... Take It! It's going in the Scrap Pile!"
I... looked at him... kind of sad.....
I said... "Well.... I.... really wouldn't want to sell it.... I thought.... I'd find a Great Place...for it... in The House..... I Love It!!! : )..."
He... about fell off... the old metal stool.... he was sitting on.
His wife....immediately cupped her hand...over her mouth... attempting to conceal... her Laugh..... 
watching his....
reaction.
: )
I Thanked them both..... for the cute little pail.... <3 Told them...I'd Treasure it...always. : )
then...asked them.... 
"exactly... where is... your 'Scrap Pile'.... : ) "
I bought a nice...load of Gnarliness... from the Farmer...and his Wife.... that day.
Most of the things I bought.... were things... they had been piling on the scrap heap.
I was Thankful.... he called me... before the Scrapper came.
They were too.
I paid them.... a whole lot more.... than 'Scrap Price'....
The Folks... who come to the rabbit hole... are Thankful...too.
They see the Beauty... as I do. 
Yes... one Man's Scrap Pile....is Another Girl's... Treasure..... : )
yes....
Beauty...truly is... in the Eye... of the Beholder. 
: )
Love..to ya.
Barb C.
{The Best Treasure... was that 'day'.....
 The Laughs... Conversation... Reminiscing ...of days.... gone by..... 
Nearly every piece...I bought...from the Couple.... had a 'Story'... that, one...or the other would share.... as I held each item in my hands.
Sometimes... it would stir up an argument.....: )
as they would 'correct' each other's 'memory'... 
: )
 ahhhhh..... for the Love... of old. 
: ) }
{I found the above cd...the other day.
 It was the album I wore out.... when I first moved out...on my own....
 way back...in the day.
Love it..... still. : ) }


No comments: