Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Anamosa Show.... : )


The Anamosa Show.... was Lovely...
as Always. 
Cecilia and Jon... along with their Family, do such a Great Job. 
Thanks, so Much to The Kids...
Liz, Kelsey, Sarah and  Brandon... for Helping!
Mark and I.... had the 'House' built..in about 8 hours.
It was Great Seeing....so Many Faces.... I hadn't seen...for so long. 
There was a Good Crowd... and the other Vendors... are always... a Joy. <3
{Thanks, to Dan O. and other Sweet Neighbors... for lending a Hand... as well... }
I bought some sweet Treasures, and sold some.... to the most... Soulful Folks....
It's always... so heart warming to see their faces... light up... when they find that Perfect... Treasure.
: )
When I pulled in... at Home.... Sunday night... I was Beat....
but... bailed in Sally... had to make a run...into Town.
When... Sally and I finally... pulled in the drive... and could call it a night....
I... sat there... and let 'er idle.
We sat nose to nose...
with Ol' Jethro....
he... looked as if... he was shining back... at us.
It's amazing... the places one's mind...wanders.....
at an idle.
oh my.
I took the day off, yesterday....
watched Martin Luther King Jr. documentaries throughout the day.
One,.... had the clip posted below...of Bobby Kennedy... breaking the unthinkable news, to a mostly... unknowing crowd... of several thousand....in the Ghetto of Indianapolis...
 off the cuff... straight from the heart.... while standing on the bed, of a Flatbed Truck.
He had been warned not to go there...there were riots... all over the Country...
 yet... he forged on through.
{Indianapolis, was Peaceful... no riots... after this. }
As I listened to his... 'speech'.... I wept.
Seems...it's as perfect today...as then.
He and King... were really... Something.
As...I watched... it haunted me... that a few short weeks later....
Bobby, too... would fall.
oh my.
It also...reminded... why... I love these 'Old Souls'...
The tattered.. worn...chipped... repaired...bent... rusty... fragments... of our past.
They have Survived... through what Our Country... has...somehow...
 muddled through.
{also... chipped... bent... worn....and repaired.}
They have seen and heard... all of it....
they remind... us, to carry on... forge ahead....
and...
it's truly... all about The Journey.
This little Dump Truck... was my Christmas Gift... from Lynn and Lea.
: )
yeah...
they know... all about...
'The Journey'....
I bought a little Iron Bus... from Jeff at the Show. He brought it Sunday, for me... after I'd asked him.... if he had anything...in 'Rusty... Gnarly...Toy Trucks'
The little Bus...{still packed} is from the early 40's... and had been buried... somewhere... for a long... long... time.
Though, Jeff... I'm sure... thinks I'm Crazy.... for wanting this Gnarly Stuff....and won't bring it...to a show....{too Ruff}
I had to laugh..later....after thinking about it.
He said... the little Bus... had been on his window sill at Home... forever.
: )
See.... somewhere... inside.... the little worn... shell of rust.... touched him, enough.... to have it perched...in his Window!
They... will Steal Your Heart.... without you...even knowing it. : )
Soulfulness.
This...little Old Tin... Spice Box.... is one, I purchased from Lynn and Lea....
at The Fall Harvest Sale.
It... wasn't quite...this Gnarly... when I bought it.
: )
I saw it... the night before the sale, and bought it....to keep.
It was late, Sale Eve.... when they pulled in...
I was so.... tired... I sat, as they unloaded.
I put the little Spice Box...next to my chair....
then...
it was Dark....
Early the next morning... as Folks were coming to The Sale....
I had to back the Ford, out... of the Yard.....
I...saw the little chair... I'd been sitting in, the night before....in my mirror... as I carefully backed out....
but... not the Spice Box.... just in front of it....
until I heard  the 'Crunch'.
: (
I...was sick.
I Love... that little Spice Box.
: (
I immediately thought...
 "John can fix it!"....
then... realized... my 'Fixer'...
isn't here... anymore.
: ( : ( : (....................
So... as I held...it.... in my hands....
I realized.... I still... Love It....
no matter.
: )
I hung it in the kitchen.... on a Gnarly...little cupboard.
A Friend, popped in... the other day...
She's a Designer... and Decorator....one of the Best.
as she was leaving...
out of everything...in the House.... she was Stopped...in her tracks...
 by the little Spice Chest.
she said... "Oh My Gosh! What is This??? I LOVE IT! "....
: )
Well... That... Has a 'Journey'...
and... a lot... of...
Soul.
That... now... includes a little of mine... and The Ford's.
: )
I hope...you'll take six and a half minutes.... and listen to Bobby's speech...
at an... 'idle'...
Love to ya...
Barb C.




No comments: