Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Gathering....for the Rabbit Hole... on line. : )

oh my....
I'm gently gathering.... 
Getting ready to start posting 
images....
for...
The Rabbit Hole...
on line.
: )
These days....this world seems to revolve around the internet.
So many Folks... I know... are, and have been...for years... selling their 'goods' on line.
I, have found it... very difficult, for many reasons.
Here, are a couple.
One... I only buy things.... that touch my Soul.
{unless... it's filling a request, for a Customer.}
I... tend to to see... and feel... things, most... dismiss.
Yet... when I bring them Home... they always... always... 
find their way... to the Most Perfect Hands.
Always.
That comes...from... 'touching'... and 'feeling'.... : ) 
I Love... to see the faces... of Folks........ when they, as I did.... 'feel'... the Soulfulness.
Two.... The Human... Connection.
The Human Connection.... gets lost... 'on line'.
An email... can Never... replace the tone... in one's voice....the pause... in a sentence.
the... mist... in the eye.... that I... have been so Blessed... to witness... in another's...
and... 'well up'... in my own.... when Hearts... are Touched.
: )
Yet... I have to make some choices....
If... I am to 'keep'... the gears turning....and...greased... I have to find... other sources.
Shows... are so... difficult. On So Many... Levels.
They take me away... from the rabbit hole.... and...so much... that 'needs' my attention...now.
I will continue... to do The Anamosa...Show {Good Times... : ) Great People}
my Beloved... Gold Rush....
 Junk Jubilee....{Love It...} 
and...
the Two... Big Sales here,
 at Home....
 {Memorial Day Weekend.... and the 2nd Weekend in October...}
along with the Holiday Open Houses...
{4th of July....Christmas Open House in December...}
and.... have The Rabbit Hole.. Open... 5 days a week... with set hours.
I...hope.... and Pray... this will be... enough.
The Old... Soulfulness.... and Their... 'Keepers'.... have carried us...
I'm counting on them... and The Lord... to continue... : )
oh my.... 
there is a Load... to carry.
I... have been... immobile...for weeks.....
completely...
'Still'...
{simply... couldn't find my legs. }
 This... is what... I have been guided... to do.
I...don't know... what tomorrow... holds...
none of us... do....
but...
in my Heart.... I feel... this is the right choice.
{I...have been invited to do... some.... Amazing... Shows....
and... am... Thankful... for the Opportunities. <3 }
but...
my Heart... tells me... I need to offer... the old Soulfulness... on line...
and... stay the course. : ) }
I...hope... through my 'words'... I..can..somehow... convey...
 The Beauty....
Soulfulness... 
of what I...offer... 'on line'. 
Don't expect too much.....bling.
I'll tell ya... what I know....
 it is... what it is.
I won't tolerate... 'belly achin'....
I'll give you the facts....
to the Best of my Ability.
: )
I require...payments... fast.
I..am always...dancin' on the edge of a razor blade.
and...
If... you desire... 'perfection'.... 
: )
this.... isn't the place for you. 
: )  
I..will...Always.... be Honest.... and Fair.
and... know... I will always... prefer hearing your voice...
: )
rather than a text... or e mail.
but...
I'll respond to those... too. : )
So.... here we go. 
: )

Today.... I sorted through some Wonderful... Early... Pieces...
from The Amana Home....
where we did the Estate Sale...
last Fall.
and... have just... begun to unpack them.
Cathy, the Amana Historian.... helped me so much....
with the History... of the Beautiful... Amana Colonies....
then... brought some very Early... German Books... from Amana....
that, I am going to share.
Some of these Books, date back from before The Colonies were established, in the mid 1850's.... here, in Iowa.
Some... are from Ebenezer, N.Y.,{printed in Buffalo N.Y. } where the Colonists Settled prior to coming West.... to Iowa.
Some of the Books... were Printed in Amana. 
I...Love Those.
{The translation of the word
 'Amana' 
'Believe Faithfully'... }
The Settlement lived Communally, in the Seven Villages....they created from the Prairie.
The Colonists were self sufficient... 
even printing and binding...their own books.
: )
The original pieces... from The Amana's.... are dwindling....
sadly.
Fewer, and fewer.... Amana Homes.... have much of their original 'content' left.
but... in reality.... what home does?
We are Blessed... these fragments of History.... have held so tightly.... for over a hundred and fifty years.
Many of the same Family lines... still, reside... in The Colonies.
Thanks, to so many of them... these Treasures were, and... some, still are...kept... safe... within the Original... Amana Homes.
{Google 'Wikipedia 'Amana Colonies' 
it has a Great Summary of The Amana Colonies. }
The Books... I am posting.... have never been anywhere.... but...
Amana... or have traveled to the Settlers....from Ebenezer, N.Y. 
until... now.
I, know... these...like all of the Old Souls... will find the hands... they are supposed to.
In a perfect World.... they would stay here.... but... that's not about the Journey.
The Museum has what it wants...
Families... have kept, what they...want....
so... now... Folks like us....
who... Treasure... History...
and... have the Love of Old...
within our Souls....
will be the 'Keepers'...
for a while.
: )
Some of these books... are worn.... a few... the bindings are loose....
some... have discolored pages.... some... still have the 'make do' book marks... inside. 
They should be....worn. They were read... and read...and...read.
yet... they are in most... Beautiful Condition.... for their age. 
Most... have Marbled Covers.
From sepia tones... of Browns.... to Greens...
These Books... were made for The Amana People. 
They won't be found... all over the World.
All of these books.... are of 'religious'... Christian... teachings.
They are all... in German.
They are 20. each, postage included.... for U.S.
plus
7% sales tax, if shipped in Iowa {1.40 }
I will ship on Mondays.
These are in the order listed below.
1 to 5 from left to right.
Click on images to enlarge.
#1 Printed in Buffalo N.Y. in 1852
Near Ebenezer, where the Colonists first settled in America.
It has the original owners name, handwritten inside....
It has a worn, sepia.. marbleized cover...with leather  binding.
The little slip of paper... was a 'make do' book mark. : )

#2 is Printed in Buffalo N.Y. in 1852
It's cover is an unusual Teal Marbleized color... with leather binding.
#3 was Printed in 1900 in Amana.
It has a Lovely... Mocha Swirl... Marbleized cover...
with leather Binding.
#4 was printed in Amana, 1918
It has an unusual Red Swirl, and Tan... Marbleized cover, with Leather Binding.
#5 was printed in Buffalo, N.Y. in 1852
It has a small... red cord.... for a book mark. ; )
The binding... is a little ruff... but... it is... what it is.
Old.
: )

If you are interested in any of these.... you can email me... fb on simply iowa
or... call.
All of the details are listed on the Calendar of Events, to the right.
I'll be posting items weekly.
Stay Tuned!
Thanks...
Love...to ya.
Barb C.









No comments: