Monday, July 28, 2014

and... He Walks with me.... and.. Talks... with me.... : )

In The Garden....
was Mom's... Favorite... Hymn.
It was interesting... her Grand Daughter...
Ellen...
had the song all typed out.... and ready for us... to sing.... 
for Mom's Memorial....
{she didn't have a clue.... she simply said..... when she heard it....
she always thought of Grandma. : ) }
{I... had just found out...a couple of years ago... when Mom...shared with me.... this was her favorite....
 I don't talk to Ellen..........very often... she lives far away....
 we are on different... paths.... it seems....
I'm so glad...she and her Lovely Family... could make the long... trip...}
oh my...
: )
When I finally sat down..... Saturday evening...
{It was such a Lovely Day...
So many Folks... came, visited.... sipped wine... ate Czech food.....
and Celebrated Mom's....
'Life'...
: ) }
My Brother in Law...Jim... brought his guitar....
and began playing Mom's Favorite tunes....
She So... Loved to Sing!!!
I began taking images of him...
then...
I saw, Mom's Roses....setting in her Memorial...next to her ashes...
 literally begin to Glow.
It was... Stunning.
They opened up....
and continued to 'Shine'... as Jim played....
: )
oh my.......
My Gift... for the day...
: )
Merry, Wayne... Liz Justin and Katie... along with our Guests...helped carry food out....
there was much... Laughter...
: )
It was a Beautiful...
Beautiful...
Day.
Thanks to All...
who helped make it so.
God Bless...
Love to You...
Barb C.
{as I was preparing food.... Saturday morning...
the phone rang.
It was my Sister, Jo Ann... {Dad's oldest daughter...}
She had planned on coming, but... had just gotten the news.. our Beloved Sister in Law...
Shirley Conner... from Millersburg, Iowa... had past away the night before...
I was stunned....
Shirley, was such an Inspiration to me.... I spent many Summers, in Millersburg...growing up....
Several Summers...
From the time I was 13...I'd have a friend, join me.... and we'd... ride horses bareback... the 60 miles... from Cedar Rapids.... to Millersburg... then spend a week...
{a two day 'Journey'...}
Dad would come, and pick us up....and haul us home...
Great Memories....
I could write a book... just about... The Millersburg Days.... : )
Shirley married my Brother, Sonny... when she was 15....
They were married for 61 years....
Had Five...Beautiful Children....
and were a very Close... Family...
Shirley... was the Rock.....
She could do... anything....
from making the Kids Clothes....
to cutting everyone's hair...
{she was a Beautician along with her...Many... other 'Gifts'... }
{They had four Daughters and One Son... all four Girls... were Homecoming Queens...
They are All... Beautiful... inside, and out... as was Shirley....}
My Dad...Adored her.....
and Always... always... Loved, Admired... and Respected her....
He said... she was the Best Thing... that ever happened to Sonny....
: )
Sonny... would Wholeheartedly... Agree. : )
She would go Hunting and Fishing... with him... yet... was All... 'Lady'...
Shirley... was... Perfect.
I've never known a Stronger Woman....in my life.
My Heart... is Broken... for Sonny.... Cathi, Sharon, John, Susan and Beth....
Love to Them...
Prayers... to them...










It was the Little Ones..... that made the day.... so Wonderful...
Children's Laughter.....
what a Beautiful.... Beautiful....
Gift.

No comments: