Thursday, April 17, 2014

The... Chariots.

As I left the Hospital...
late... last Eve....
Walking... through the cold wind....
following the same...path....
to the car...
my feet have stepped.... a hundred times...before...
maybe... even more... than that.
most... certainly....
more than that.
then....
up...the elevator...
where... my fingers... have pushed the buttons.....
again... and again....
I... looked down... and saw a drop...on the ground... from the malt... I had just taken to John.....
I wondered... how long it would be there.... how many visits....
before... I wouldn't see the speck....anymore....
and... would I always... remember.... this trip... and that... spot.... every time...
I travel this path... for the rest...of my days?
Even... when the traces of it.... are long.... gone.
then...
found my way....
to Jethro....
climbed in... the trusty... chariot....
that has carried me....
so many times... on the last many trips....
always... waiting.... like a faithful...
Friend.
{I began thinking...of all of the 'chariots'... over the last many decades....
that have swiftly... found their way there....
somehow...
seems... my mind... is racing... on every... trip, to this.... destination....
they...always... get me there.... but... sometimes.... I wonder...how.
The old...... trucks...The 61 ton truck...... the 67 Chevy....rusty...old mustangs...an... old fire bird... or two.... even...the car hauler... a time or two.... on a couple of emergency.... runs... to Mercy Hospital...for Dad...
and...so... many...many... more. }
oh my....
As...I turned the key....
the radio... was playing... the above tune.
I...just sat there.....
listening...to the powerful... engine.... rumble....
providing... some... 'throaty'...  bass..... to the beautiful tune....
so....
obediently....
waiting... for me...to give it... it's next...order.
Home...
lets... find our way....
Home...
he knew the way....
didn't miss a step.
Love to ya...
Barb C.
When...John brought..this 'chariot' home.... he was in 'need'....
Seems... we all are... in one way...or another... around here...
: )
As...I sat... looking at Jethro...that day....
 I saw him... done.... and perfect.
What.... I never imagined....
is putting a walker... in his trunk....
or... carrying Mom's ashes.... on the passenger seat.....
no...
I...never....
imagined... that.





This... I thought... was one of the Worst Days.... of my life....
It was the day after.....
a rainy night....
Jethro.... and I... found a ditch.....
oh my...
an...ugly... ditch.....
but... he flew through it.... and planted his hooves... right back... on the road.....
then...carried me.... 75 miles home.... in blinding rain....
with the front end... hanging to the ground....
an...Amazing.... Sure Footed.... Steed...
Looking at this... remembering... how Sick... and Heartbroken.... I felt....
I realize...
There are much 'worse'...days....
than.... this....
much.




No comments: