Sunday, April 13, 2014

it...rains....

Over the years...
Folks have given me... their Home Canned Gifts... of Summer....
they wonder....when they visit... and see them....
 why...I haven't eaten them....
This...is why...
To me...
This is Art...
a Labor....of
Love...
Memories...
all....
captured...
in a little jar.
: )
The Best... Gift...
on a rainy...morn.....
one... I can enjoy....
Over...and Over... and Over.
A Feast...for my Eyes...
Heart...
and Feeds my Soul....
always.
Blessings...
{The pears.... are from our old Pear Tree.... a friend, came and gathered from.... years ago... then shared with us.... }






It rains.....
I awoke...at dawn....
to the sound...of gentle, Spring rain.....
We...need it....
a Blessing.
Fixed John...a Big... Breakfast.....
Cakes...and Eggs....
{that he ate none...of...
 only... the juice...and oatmeal. }
Oatmeal... and Juice....
Liz and Miss. Scarlett... spent the afternoon here... yesterday....
We found our way..to the rabbit hole.....
: )
it was good...
My friend... Jeff, called... yesterday, from a Sale... and asked if I was interested in a few things that were there....
I was...
He was kind...to gather them...then... deliver them...to the rabbit hole's... door.
: )
As I was preparing Breakfast...for John... this Morn....
I thought of the...Old... Song....
posted above...
oh my...
{I remember... hearing it... for the first time... when I was 5...
living in Cedar Bluff.....
 That was an interesting.... time of my life....
I...couldn't decide... whether... I liked this song... or not...
it was so... Strange...to me...
left me... with such a 'funny' feeling... inside....when I heard it...
Unsettling...
It, tho... I didn't realize it... at the time...
was Perfect....
the 'feeling'... I... had...experienced...
for the very first time... in my life....
 was
 'Bittersweet'...
just like....
that year... spent....
in Cedar Bluff.... }

then... after serving it.... I walked through the house.....
looking inside the Old Cupboards....
{Big... Memory Boxes...}
Gazed upon the flowers... I'd gathered....so many years ago.....
Lilacs... Peonies... Lily of the Valley....
on a Beautiful... Spring...Day....
a...Happy... day... : )
and....
the gifts... from friends....
Memories... memories....
: )
oh my....
I saw an image, on fb this morn....
It was of 'Alice'....
the quote read...
"Would you tell me please.... which way I ought to go from here...."
I...find myself... often thinking... this, myself.
the answer... I find... most often....
is...
'Forward'...
The bigger question...is....
  how long...dare I ponder...and wonder....
before taking that first step....
into the Unknown....
Sometimes....
I feel... like I'm in a Massive Game... of Chess....
sometimes...
several Games....
all playing... in unison...
oh my.
There are so... many... pieces.... should I move.... the wrong one....
it could jeopardize the entire Kingdom....
I visited...with Peg.... the other day.....
about... what...others must think...
when they are...near me....
I... to them.... may show very little emotion....
It's not... that I don't feel it....
oh my...
I...can't show it... not now....
I...can't let the walls down....
I...have to keep moving forward....
She called me later....
and said...
in so many words....
"Barb... you have always.... had to be that way.... you never were a child.... always... the caregiver.... and had to be strong....that's who you are.... When you write... that's... where the tenderness shines through..."
oh my...
I...hope that's true.
I...hope... people... Family... Friends.... understand....
I... have so many 'moves'... to process....
it's not...that I don't care... or... am not... So Very Thankful.....
it's... just... now....
I.... am trying to stay... focused..... on some... level....
every level....
and....still...find the Beauty...in the World....
{Thank You...for sending... the Beauty.....oh my... }
Throughout my life.... I've had to wear many...
 'Hats'....
Thankfully....
a 'Hatter'... I am...
and... being a bit...
'Mad'...
crazy...
has kept me...
from falling... completely... apart.
{kind of like... the Willow... versus... the Oak. : )
tho...
sometimes...
it drives one... a bit...
'round the bend...
when...
you have to be...
Both.}
Love...to You...
Barb C.
{and... if... I could change... my life... go back... please know... I wouldn't change a thing. 
I feel Blessed.... to have been able... to be... 'the caregiver'....
Not... always...the best one.... but... the best one... I could...and can be. }


{I...want to say... how sorry I was to hear, of our Neighbor...
 {and... our Friend... Virginia's... Passing.... }
I was standing outside.... as the Hearse... drove by... the rabbit hole....yesterday....
 oh my... I am so...sorry... I missed her Funeral.....
I...Admired her... so....
John... Loved her... too...
She... was Quite...a Woman....
and will be...
Missed.... }

No comments: